Central Heating Grants
FREE Central Heating system throughout your property for homeowners and private tenants on qualifying benefits across England, Scotland and Wales.
You must not have had gas heating in your home before.
Government Grants For Central Heating
Central heating systems are installed in homes that have never had any type of central heating system before. Central heating systems provide heating through a boiler, connected to radiators throughout the entire property.
Based on current prices, the average cost of central heating system installation is around £3,500. If you qualify, you can have such system being installed for free. Apart from your savings on installation, you will also benefit from savings on energy bills – all new boilers are A-rated energy efficient boilers.
Central Heating Grants are available through England, Scotland and Wales.Apply Now
Who Qualifies for Grant
Firstly, you must be a homeowner, or a tenant in a privately rented home.
Your home must have either no heating at all or one of the following heating systems:
- Electric room heaters, including direct acting room heaters, fan heaters or inefﬁcient electric storage heaters
- Gas room heaters; including ﬁxed mains gas room heaters; or
- Gas ﬁre with back boiler; or
- Solid fossil fuel ﬁre with back boiler
- Electric underﬂoor or ceiling heating (not part of an electric boiler); or
- Bottled LPG room heating; or
- Solid fossil fuel room heaters; or
- Wood/biomass room heating; or
- Oil room heaters
You also must be in receipt of one of the qualifying benefits - see the list further below.Apply Now
Your Home Insulation Matter
To qualify for First Time Central Heating Grants your home must have up-to-date level of loft insulation and if it has cavity walls, it also must be insulated.
If it does not have either of these at the time of your application, the installer of your new central heating system may arrange it for you.
You must be in receipt of at least one of the qualifying benefits:
- Guaranteed Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit
- Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
- Income Support
- Income-Related Employment and Support Allowance Income-Based Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Disability Living Allowance
- Personal Independence Payment
- Attendance Allowance
- Carer’s Allowance
- Severe Disablement Allowance
- Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit
- Child Benefit (subject to income thresholds)
- War Pensions Mobility Allowance
- Constant Attendance Allowance
- Armed Forces Independence Payment
What is Covered by Grant
Central Heating Grants Scheme can help funding the installation of the following central heating systems (radiators, pipework and thermostat are included):
- Mains Gas Boilers
- Biomass Boilers
- LPG Boilers
- Air Source Heat Pumps
- Ground Source Heat Pumps
- Electric Boilers
- Most installers will only offer mains gas or LPG central heating systems.
Apply for Central Heating Grant